Thank you for all your support this year – we have achieved so much together and your support has made all the difference. As the first Greens MP in the Lower House of the NSW Parliament, I’ve worked hard to stand up for our community and to protect what we love about our neighbourhoods. With your support, we’re a powerful force and we have some great wins to celebrate.
Thank you for your part in these campaigns:
- Supporting the Glebe Youth Service following its shock closure by the Liberal Government.
- Standing up for our children and making a plan for fairer schools and more accessible and affordable childcare.
- Building a strong campaign for public transport, including almost 10,000 signatures in support of light rail down Parramatta road. We made public transport a priority for both Sydney and regional NSW and providing alternatives to ill-conceived and unsustainable infrastructure projects
- Protecting our community from overdevelopment and supporting residents to have a say in planning decisions that impact on them.
- Developing the 100% Renewable NSW campaign for a jobs-rich, clean energy future.
- Rounding out a decade of campaigning against amateur hunting on public land by abolishing the Game Council
- Speaking up for the environment and communities while holding back and ammending Barry O'Farrell's damaging planning reforms.
- Highlighting the dangers of the coal seam gas industry and the broken promises of the O'Farrell government.
- Establishing a once-in-a-generation opportunity to finally get affordable housing right.
- Exposing how the public loses on average a $671 a hectare by subsidising loggers to destroy our state forests
- Establishing the greyhound racing inquiry and campaigning for truth in labelling for free-range eggs.
- Using parliament to ask the tough questions about bullying within WorkCover and give the Bowraville community a voice.
We've had some great community meetings, rallies and online campaigns and as a result we have been able to bring about positive change. And we have achieved all of this in the face of increasingly conservative State and Federal governments.
So I’m excited by what we can all do together in 2014 to protect the environment, advocate for public transport, bring about a fairer society and help communities stand together so that they will be heard and respected. I look forward to continuing this work with you next year.
All the best for a restful and enjoyable festive season and a fulfilling, joyful New Year.