The Multicultural NSW Grants Program is now open. The Community and Celebration grants are for community projects and activities that celebrate the unique riches of our culturally diverse state.
Each year the NSW calendar is filled with events that celebrate our cultural diversity. Festivals and events bring communities together, showcase the benefits of cultural diversity and promote social cohesion and community harmony.
Celebration Grants of up to $5000 are available to non-profit sharing community organisations and local councils.
Support Grants help individuals and communities to participate fully in community life and assist in building community capacity. Support Grants are flexible and varied, ranging from individual support for young people to participate in sport to providing services.
Support Grants of up to $10,000 for an organisation and up to $500 for individuals are available to non-profit sharing community organisations and registered sporting clubs in sports recognised by the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS).
2017 Priority Areas are:
- Projects/ initiatives that use sport to engage with young people from refugee backgrounds
- Support for migrants, refugees and asylum seekers who are not or no longer eligible for settlement support
- Promoting the meaningful participation of women and girls in the community
- Regional communities where service gaps in meeting the needs of the diverse communities is evident
- Supporting the participation of people with a disability from diverse backgrounds.
More details: http://multicultural.nsw.gov.au/grants/support_grants
Please get in touch with our office if you need help applying.