Applications for the 2018 round of the Community Building Partnership Grants are now open and close 5:00pm Friday 15 June 2018.
$330,000 is available for projects in the Balmain electorate and I strongly encourage local councils and not-for-profit groups to apply for the funds they need to deliver projects with social, environmental and recreational outcomes. This is a great opportunity to get support to make real improvements for the building, refurbishment or enhancement of facilities within your organisation.
Please make sure you read the program guidelines to ensure your proposed project is eligible.
Eligible project types
- construction of new community infrastructure
- refurbishment, repair and maintenance of existing community infrastructure
- capital equipment with a minimum individual asset value of $2500.
Eligible projects will also be assessed against four program criteria
- Enhancing facilities — the project develops a vibrant, sustainable and inclusive community through the enhancement or construction of community infrastructure.
- Meeting community needs — the project supports activities and services needed by local communities.
- Increasing community participation — the project encourages participation in activities or services needed by a broad section of the community.
- The organisation’s capacity — the applicant has the capacity to deliver the project on time and within scope.
- incorporated not-for-profit community organisations
- NSW local councils (and their section 355 committees) operating under the Local Government Act 1993.
Applications from local councils require a commitment of matching cash funding by the council.
Projects must be completed by 31 March 2020.
How to apply
Applications are made online by clicking here.
Applicants must complete one application form for each project location. Completed applications must be submitted by 5:00pm Friday 15 June 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
- 7 May 2018: Applications Open
- 15 June 2018: Applications close 5pm sharp
- June-October 2018: Eligibility, assessment and approval process
- November/December 2018: Announcement of successful projects and advice to all applicants
- 31 March 2020: Projects completion deadline
Last year I facilitated $300,000 of funding for local community and sports groups, delivering over $1.8 million since my election. If your organisation is thinking of applying for a grant this year and you would like to discuss, please contact my office at firstname.lastname@example.org.