The Greens have been a strong independent voice in the middle of Federal Parliament fighting for what matters:
- Helping families with free dental care – 3.4 million children from low and middle income families will be able to access Medicare-funded dental care. $500m has also been invested in reducing waiting lists and training health workers (as a result of the Greens’ Labor Agreement).
- Recognising Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in an Act of Parliament, a pre-cursor to constitutional recognition (as a result of the Greens’ Labor Agreement).
- Securing legislative safeguards against the privatisation of the NBN.
- Ending taxpayer funding of big tobacco in the Future Fund.
- Protecting children in remote communities from petrol sniffing.
- Securing a Children’s Commissioner to stand up for children’s rights.
- Securing additional funding for SBS and the ABC and restoring the Australian Music Radio AirPlay Project.
- Action on sports betting and making sure kids don’t think live odds are another part of the game.
- Strengthening the authority of Territorian Governments to make their own choices.
- Increasing protection for firefighters who contract cancer in the line of duty.
- Minimising the impacts of the Australian Building and Construction Commission so that building workers aren’t treated worse than criminals.
- Securing rights for seafarers so they’re treated the same as other workers when they get sick.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with