Are you passionate about community issues and social justice? Do you enjoy talking to people and building community networks?
The office of Jamie Parker MP has a unique and exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to, in addition to ongoing administrative duties, help identify local issues and organise and support community networks in the electorate of Balmain to help ensure residents are informed and engaged in the issues within their electorate.
1. Outstanding organisational and project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and work to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
2. Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Highly developed capacity to coordinate volunteers and community stakeholders.
4. Capacity to comprehend complex issues, think strategically and adapt to changing circumstances, and demonstrated sound political judgement.
5. Ability to work as part of a team in a high‐pressure environment, with minimum supervision.
6. Excellent computer skills across all Microsoft Office platforms, social media platforms, database packages and internet and email programs. Design experience preferred.
Please note: The above selection criteria form a specific part of the selection process. Candidates for this role are required to address each of these items specifically in their application.
Temporary full time for 6 months with a view to permanency.
Total remuneration package to $76,012pa including salary of $36,712 - $68,727pa, an All Incidence of Employment Allowance, employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Telephone: (02) 9660 7586
Apply online at: jobs.NSW, CareerOne, MyCareer, or SEEK
By email: email@example.com
Or by mail marked "Confidential" to:
Manager, Recruitment and Training
Parliament of NSW
SYDNEY NSW 2000
CLOSING DATE: 5pm 9 August 2013